Phone: 770·458·4255 | Fax: 770·458·4406

Kim Facial Plastic Surgery

Monday, August 10, 2009


Another “Ask Dr. Kim Anything”


If you ask the question, I’ll provide recommendations here on my blog for you and other subscribers who may have similar issues, but want to remain anonymous. As always, check out my website for more details and feel free to call my office for an appointment. You can also email me directly if you have a specific question you hesitate to share with others.

Dr. Kim,

As I’ve aged, I’m noticing that my facial skin is starting to sort of shift and sag, especially around my mouth. I have these lines now from my nose to my mouth—I’ve heard them called “parenthesis”--and I look somewhat puppet-like. This coupled with the frown lines between my eyebrows are really making me appear older and more tired than I feel.

I hate to sound superficial, but I’m really starting to dislike my reflection. I do not want to have any facial plastic surgery at this point in my life—I’m only in my early forties and honestly surgery isn't in my budget, so do you have any recommendations to help my outer appearance match how I feel inside WITHOUT surgery?

Thank you,
Gina

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Gina,

From what you’ve described, it doesn’t sound like surgery is recommended at this time. There are many nonsurgical alternatives that we can try. I suggest you visit my website and take a look at the different injectable options such as Restylane or Radiesse for the parenthesis and maybe some Botox to relax the furrowed brows.

Without seeing you, I don’t want to make a definite recommendation, but these are usually good choices for smoothing wrinkles and increasing volume to give you that more refreshed look you’re seeking, without surgery--and the results can last anywhere to a few months to over a year depending what we use.

Thank you for trusting me enough to ask and I look forward to possibly hearing from you and helping you achieve a more youthful you.

Best,
Dr. Kim

* For more information about facial rejuvenation procedures or to schedule an appointment for a consultation, feel free to call our office at (770)458-4255. Visit my website for more detailed information

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

posted by Carrie, Words To Mouth at 12:27 PM

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Dr. Kim,
I don't know where I can post questions for your "Ask Anything" section but I am going to write out my question here in the comments box in regards to Asian Eyelid surgery.

When is epicanthoplasty necessary to achieve a parallel (outfold) fold? I thought with the incisional technique, this offers the surgeon more flexiblity to create a desired shape without having to resort to additional procedures (sans fat removal, extra skin removal, etc.)

Thanks!

October 23, 2010 at 3:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Autologous Fat Injection in Atlanta, Georgia

Follow Us On

Twitter